Graphic and Web Designer, dsm Magazine and Write Brain Custom Publishing
SUPPORTS: Business Publications Corporation: dsm Magazine and WriteBrain
REPORTS TO: Art Director
ATTRIBUTES: Organized, detailed-oriented, proactive, resourceful, positive, creative, flexible, community-minded, professional
SKILLS: Candidate must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), Outlook, Word, Excel and Launch Pad or other media customer relations/analytics tools as requested. HTML/CSS and WordPress knowledge is preferred. Must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting top-quality, design standards. Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to be flexible as project schedules and management needs change. Confident in verbal, written and visual communications. Experience and understanding of editorial layout, typography, print and digital products and production, sales and sales strategies, visual elements of events and social media. Highly skilled at leading a team of creative talent. Strong creative vision with understanding of business objectives. Knowledge of photography and video production.
This position will support the vision of the WriteBrain and dsm Magazine divisions with the following responsibilities:
- Follow vision of Art Director for visual aspects of all dsm dsm products’ non-editorial elements and Write Brain projects, including ad design and overall production of dsm and IA magazines, Spotlight publications, digital products and sales collateral.
- Work with Art Director, who oversees strategy and art direction for dsm and IA print products, on visual aspects of work and develop aesthetic in alignment with Art Director’s standards.
- Develop design for ads and sales collateral in collaboration with Publisher, Project Director, Art Director and Sales Manager.
- Continually adapt to changing timelines and priorities; meet multiple deadlines while maintaining high quality of product.
- Continually identify processes for improvement in design execution.
- Responsible for maintaining online presence of dsmMagazine.com
SALES STRATEGIES AND MATERIALS:
- Work with sales and production to develop and produce sales or marketing wrap-up pieces and materials, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high quality work on time and on budget.
- Accountable for working with sales and production on ad pull through on both print and digital products.
- Serve as a role model for our values.
- Demonstrate leadership, pride in brand and engagement by attending BPC events.
PERFORM OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Business Publications Corp. is a locally-owned company in the heart of Downtown Des Moines which offers an innovative, fast-paced culture. BPC offers flexible hours, free onsite parking and generous PTO. Benefits include healthcare, dental, life insurance and 401(K).